Monday, July 03, 2006


Crusted apples and Sheek-berries....

One lazy Friday afternoon and Uma and I decide to go to Mill Avenue for a stroll. Well, she had some bank work and I decide to go for a stroll.
On reaching Mill, I find, much to my delight, that the entire street was blocked and there was a sort of a fair going on. Milky white canopies decorated with colorful confetti were put up all along the street. Inside each one was a very vibrant display of art work by various amateur artists.
As I looked through the stalls, I did not quite find a Rembrandt in making but I had to give kudos to the creativity of these people. I saw a whole spectrum of stuff, ranging from something as conventional as stained-glass paintings to something as radical as necklaces and bracelets made of hemp! Then I came to a stall which mesmerised me completely!
We have all heard of sheek kababs, haven't we. Well, in this stall were all the lovely berries imaginable, all arranged on the sheek stick. Juicy strawberries, tempting raspberries, ripe blueberries and flaming cranberries. That is not all. Right in the middle of the stall was a mammoth chocolate fondue fountain and instead of putting the sticks in the charcoal furnace for barbecuing, this plump and round faced lady was putting the berries into the chocolate. Later she even went to the extent of garnishing them with nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, caramel or whatever you could think of! So right there, in front of my eyes, was created my very own crusted apple and sheek-berry!
As I indulgently and contentedly munched on it on my way back, I thought.....Such are the stuff dreams are made of!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

arrey waah. naya color. badhiya hai! (better than pink though!)

1:02 AM  
Blogger Nisheeth said...

yummm ..... scrrunchhh ....

(belly pops out of waist band)

glooop ..... slllllurrrrrpppp ....

(press paunch back inside jeans)

aaaaaah ....

(Another day of dieting comes to a close)

12:58 AM  
Blogger The Daysleeper said...

shreya , i swear i dint do that color comment this time!

5:39 PM  
Blogger shreya said...

Adi....you are losin' it!!!!!!!

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home