Monday, August 14, 2006

To Blog or Not To Blog?

Of late I have noticed that blogging, like orkutting, is slightly addictive! I am one of those people who have bees in their bonnets and therefore enjoy speaking about themselves! Not only speaking, I also enjoy writing about myself, my thoughts, and my activities; in fact anything which touches my life in the slightest way.
Throughout my school and college life, I assiduously maintained a dairy. It used to be my religion. I wrote in it every single day, even if it were two lines or two pages. In fact, it used to be my 'best friend', simply because it was never judgmental and was so very patient with me. It had all my thoughts, starting from the most frivolous ones to the very deepest ones.
However, a blog is not exactly a diary, is it? So how do I know when it is becoming too personal and it is time for me to stop? Is there any yardstick which I am not aware of or a certain unwritten protocol? No, I don’t think there is......
At the same time, I wouldn’t want to make this as personal as my diary. When you are enjoying yourself, you do lose the sense of self-restrain and I, for one, am especially good at not knowing where to stop.
So I was very relieved today when a really good friend of mine told me that he would keep tabs on my blog and let me know when it becomes too personal for a public place! Given the fact that I really trust his judgment in certain matters, it came as a great relief to me! Now I can blog away to my heart's content without any inhibitions whatsoever! I think I have the best and most sensible friends in the whole world! Here’s to friendship and blogging ..........*clink*

2 Comments:

Blogger Munmun said...

Yeah of course! Blog and a personal diary are miles apart! There is a basic thin line of difference between the two: you write your diary to vent out your 'thoughts' which are kind of private to you; in blog, you went out your 'views' which you want to share with your friends! One is inherent of being private and the other meant to be public!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks .....yeah lets drink to this friendship *clink* ....(would it be an apple martini for you ?)

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home